It is not convenient to rely on receiving a water bill from Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company (NWSC) through a post box. It can delay putting you at risk of late payments, disconnection, and late payment. You can check your water bill to receive the amount faster and conveniently.
Register on the NWSC services portal
- Type https://www.nairobiwater.co.ke/ on the browser
- Click the Customer Service tab and select the Self Care Portal option. The system redirects to a new window (https://portal.nairobiwater.co.ke/).
- Fill in the Login details according to the directions and click on submit.
After successful registration, you will be finding outstanding bills on the portal.
Check Your Bill by Phone
Checking a water bill through a mobile phone is an alternative to registering and checking the bill through the water company website. NWSC created a short code *888# for checking water bills, seeking assistance from the institution, or correcting personal details. Use these steps:
- Dial *888#
- A pop-up window with seven options appears, with each directing to a different service.
- Choose option 2 to check the outstanding water bill balance
- Wait for the balance to show on the screen
You can also check the balance and receive a text message. Create new SMS on your phone, type the account number and send it to 20557.
Check the water bill by Jambo pay.
(Please note that this method was to be decommissioned, so it may not work all the time. As such, the reliable method is the one through the NWSC website as explained above
)Jambo Pay has an online method for checking water bills.
- Go to https://www.jambopay.com/v2
- Select Water in the Pay bill box
- Type your water account number on available space and click submit
The process takes a long time, but you will eventually receive the bill.
You can register to receive an e-bill every month through one of the ways below.
- Register by emailing account details to register [email protected]. NCWS will be sending emailing your monthly bill
- Dial*369*40# on the phone. Follow the prompts to the end.
Technology allows the payment of bills electronically so you can pay soon after determining the water bill.
You can use the options below to pay your bill:
NCWS authorized payment point
Customers can pay bills through cheques or cards at the NCWS office along Kenyatta Avenue in the central business district. NCWS warns customers against payment through other staff members except for authorized cashiers.
- Select Pay Bill on the M-Pesa menu
- Enter 444400 after the enter business number prompt
- Enter the bill′s account number
- Enter the amount to pay
- Type the M-Pesa pin
- Confirm if the entries are correct and press OK
- Go my money
- Select send/pay
- Select your account number
- Select the business
- Select bill: Nairobi Water-6800002
- Enter the bill account number
- Enter the amount to pay and confirm the details
- Select Airtel money on the menu
- Select make payments
- Select Pay Bill
- Choose Nairobi Water
- Enter the amount to pay
- Go to reference and enter the Nairobi water account number
Take advantage of the different payment options to pay the water bill on time.