Mobile phone technology and money transfer have become entrenched that it has become a method to pay for air tickets.
Jambo Jet introduced a Progressive Web App allowing customers to handle their ticketing and flight relating issues on their smartphones. Clients can book tickets, access boarding passes, and check in using their phones. Technology advances have now allowed payment of airfare through Bonga Points, a loyalty program by Safaricom that awards a point for every 10 shillings that a customer spends on the network. Jambo Jet a budget airline has given customers a new channel to redeem their Bonga points by using them to pay for air tickets.
Steps to buying a ticket with Bonga Points
- Dial *126#
- Choose Lipa Na Bonga Points
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter flight pay bill number
- Enter account number (reference number issued during a flight booking)
- Input the amount you want to pay with Bonga Points
- The phone will display a response displaying the number of points you need to pay for the ticket
- You will receive a text alert showing the balance due if the points are not enough to fully pay for ticket purchase
The number of Bonga Points you can redeem to purchase an air ticket depends on the airfare at the time of making a booking. One Bonga Point is equal to 20 cents.